Saturday, July 23, 2016

Last Week at the MTC!

Well it's the last week at the MTC and it's been full of so many different emotions! I guess this time around I just want to share the things I've learned here and how I've grown. I know with assuredly that this is where I am supposed to be so if any of you feel that you should serve hopefully this email will give you that extra boost to change your lives forever!

From start to end I've been chewed up, stomped on and fed to the MTC and yet I have never been so happy and close to my Father in Heaven. There were SOOO MANY challenges but even more blessings. Here are some of them: 


  • Four the past 4 and a half weeks my companion and I have been assigned as zone leaders. 
  • Meaning that we ran back and forth everyday running missionaries around campus, taking care of logistics and any drama having to do with the 60 some odd missionaries in our zone. All the while trying to accomplish the other billion tasks that every missionary has planned on their overcrowded schedule!
  • I had no idea how to plan and schedule all the tasks I had to accomplish.
  • I had no idea that I was over-stressed, and that that stress was taking a toll on my personal relationship with Heavenly Father.


I really don't like talking about this stuff so let's move on to the blessings!


  • I grew to depend on the Lord in all that I do.
  • I learned to express my feelings and ask for help.
  • I was taught how to manage time, tasks and day to day life.
  • I grew closer to the Lord.
  • I realized my need for personal revelation and I now listen knowing that He will answer!
  • I am learning to love others and to act in true charity.
  • I now know that serving others is the greatest thing we can do to be happier, to learn to love ourselves.
  • I now love myself.
  • I receive personal revelation.
  • My testimony has never been so strong and it continues to grow!
  • As does my companionship with the Spirit.
  • I am beginning to understand just how significant my calling is and the power that comes to me when I earnestly seek to fulfill it.


I know that my redeemer lives. I know that I am here for a reason. I know that God loves each and everyone of you. Never doubt yourself if you are in the service of your God. Doubting yourself in His work is doubting Him and that is why our burdens become heavy in our callings and overall in our lives. I am giving Him my all and commit to do so every day.


Hopefully this email helps you! Email me if you have any questions or want to know more I would love to help in anyway. 

Thanks to everyone who support us, your prayers mean everything to the missionaries that need love!

Elder Lucas Michael Johnson


This just happens to be the most amazing missionary, with the name tag of an RM. He helped me so much and there is no need to be modest about that. Love ya Brother Amacher!​
Love these Elders.​
Love these Elders.​
Love these Elders.​

No comments:

Post a Comment